3.15.2017

On Dealing With Insecurities...

Last week I began a new skincare regime, perscribed to me by my dermatologist. The first four nights I used these creams, it was fine. But then about 5 days in, my skin got dry. Really dry. Like, reallllllllly dry. It was peeling, flaking, and looked and felt like an awful sunburn (red, splotchy, and stinging). I think the products I was using actually burned my face. I refused to go to school on Monday because a) it hurt like hell and b) I was terrified people were going to judge me. But I couldn't hide forever so on Tuesday I went to school. And guess what? It was fine. Yes, someone asked me what was wrong with my face (how rude!) and yes, I was constantly checking in a mirror/dark glass to see how bad it looked. But I survived.

I get it. I am probably one of the most insecure and self-concious people out there. But honestly, I would rather say "F*** everyone else" and go out and enjoy my life. There is no point in hiding because of things we can't change. I'm not going to lie to you guys, it's hard. It's hard to think that everyone is staring at you. It's really f***ing hard to be not confident in your own skin. But you will get through it. I don't mean to put it bluntly, but here goes: This is what it is. So just flaunt it. And know that everyone has their own insecurities, and are way too preoccupied with their own insecuties than thinking about yours. So whether it's you skin, your hair, your eyes, your nose, your height, your body, your whatever it is, it's ok. You're beautiful, You're a fabulous human being. You're you, which is beyond amazing. Wow that just got super cheesy, but it's so true, so important, and so often forgotten. So please, and trust me I know it's easier said than done, don't hide because of your insecurities. Embrace them. Flaunt them. Never forget that no one else but you is thinking about them. And as always, strive to bring others up - you never know what someone is insecure about and a compliment can go along way.

XOXO,


Samantha

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.