10.02.2016

6 Ways to De-stress


Honestly, when it comes to de-stressing I’m probably the last person you want to talk to. I am stress in human form. It’s making me stressed just thinking about how I’m always stressed. So you might be wondering why I, the epitome of stress, am giving you tips. While I admit, I spend a lot of my time being stressed, I (try to) spend just as much time trying to get unstressed. So today I’m sharing a few tips on ways I de-stress so you guys can all try them!


  • Make a List - If I feel overwhelmed, I always make a list of everything I need to do. This always helps put everything I need to do into perspective and it helps me tackle everything one thing at a time. Also, crossing things off a list is so satisfying.

  • Exercise - When I’m super stressed I love taking a high energy dance class or going for a run. Exercising helps clear my mind and helps me think about something other than whatever’s stressing me out.  

  • Take a Break - I know when you’re super busy and stressed the last thing you want to do is take a break. But trust me on this one, taking a break is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself. Spend just five minutes breathing, envisioning your happy place or even getting up to walk around/stretch. It will help you calm down, focus, and come back to your work much more energized.

  • Breathe - Taking a few deep breaths can reduce tensions and relieve stress by increasing your oxygen levels. Breath deeply in through your mouth for 5 seconds, wait 5 seconds, and then breath out through your mouth for five seconds.

  • Get Some Fresh Air - Even if your fresh air just means opening the window, getting some clean, fresh, air can really help you de-stress. If you’re able, try going for a quick walk and taking in a few deep breaths to really get all the benefits nature has to offer.

  • Be Silly - This one is super random and I can’t promise it will work for you but acting silly always helps me de-stress. I usually just say random noises and make weird faces and honestly, after like 2 minutes, I always feel less stressed.


So these are the ways I de-stress. Share any others down below, I’d love to hear them!

XOXO,

Gloss

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.