2.08.2017

What I Learned From A Month Without Treats

Not going to lie, this is a little bit of a random post. After the holidays, I was feeling pretty blah, so in the spur of the moment, I decided to go for 4 weeks without treats. I really, really, really do not know why. If you know me even a little bit, you'll know that I have a HUGE sweet-tooth, so the thought of even doing this challenge seemed ridiculous. But now 4 weeks later, I have lived to tell the tale. Today I thought I would share a few things I learned from this challenge as well as some tips I have if you're planning on doing your own. ALSO: I know that 4 weeks does not seem like a long time at all and that I only gave up treats and desserts and such, but it was still lowkey hard for me, and I applaud anyone else who is willing to give it a try.


  • It is easier to start with nothing in your pantry - Trust me on this one, it is much easier to get rid of all the treats in your pantry before starting this challenge than to have to see all the deliciousness you can't eat every time you open the door. 
  • Eating = Socializing - While on this challenge, I went to several birthday dinners, random parties, and get togethers. It was incredibly hard to have to turn down the treats being served. This challenge really taught me how much of the time I spend with mi amigos involves food and eating. (Not that it's a bad thing at all, just interesting). 
  • Your cravings will more or less go away - After the first few days, I can honestly say that my cravings for treats more or less went away. Of course I still salivated over the delicious looking homemade cookies my friends would bake, but I found myself craving fruits and veggies over sugar filled treats. 
  • But in the end, the first treat will be amazing - The ice cream I ate on the day after I finished the challenge was quite possibly the best ice cream ever. I can't even describe how good it was other than I have never ever ever tasted anything so delicious. 
  • My skin did not magically clear up - While I do believe that my skin cleared up a little, a part of me was kind of hoping/praying for a complete clear up. Unfortunately that didn't happen, but  I can't really complain because I did leave a lot of foods that can cause acne flare ups in my diet. 
  • I did have more energy - Where before I may have grabbed a cookie before I left the house, I now started grabbing healthier and more satisfying snacks. This left me with more energy and just generally feeling a lot less blah. 
  • Could/would I do it again? - TBH, I don't really know. It was hard and I do feel like I missed out on a few things, but I also felt really good and quite honestly, I would probably put myself through that again just so my ice cream will taste as good as it did the first day back. 



I know today's post was a little random. I also know that this challenge doesn't seem incredibly impressive - but if you had seen the amount of treats I was eating over the holidays, you would be shocked that I was able to stick to this challenge. So, if any of you guys are looking to try this, I applaud and salute you. And if anyone else has done this (or something similar), share your tips/thoughts down below - I'm sure we'd all love to hear them! 


XOXO,




Samantha

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.