2.19.2017

How To Avoid The Flu

According to the CDC and CNN, flu season is pretty much at its peak right now. And apparently, this year is one the worst. I know, it grosses me out just thinking about it. Today I thought I would share some tips for how to avoid catching the flu, so we can all live happily ever after!


  • We'll start off pretty obvious - avoid contact with sick people - duh.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water. Especially after being in contact with other people/germs. 
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Touching your face can transfer bacteria and germs and is no bueno.
  • Disinfect surfaces that may come in contact with germs. *cough cough* your cellphone and door handles. 
  • Go to bed at a normal time. Not getting enough sleep can really mess up your bodies ability to fight off germs. 
  • Eat the right things. Obviously this one is to be taken with a grain of salt, but eating food high in protein and anti-oxidants has been shown to help your body fight germs. 
  • Drink water. Drinking lots of liquids (and by liquids I mean water) is a great way to help flush your systems of any toxins. 
  • Wash your makeup brushes. You should be doing this anyways, but it's especially important during the flu season. Make sure you're washing your brushes to get rid of all the germs and grossness on them. 
  • Work out. As if we need another reason. But really, working out has been shown to help up your immune system's game. 

I know that these are all pretty basic ways to avoid getting sick, but they're so so so important. I for one, HATE getting sick so doing these things are really important to me. Let me know down in the comments if you have any other ideas for how to avoid the flu - I'm sure we'd all love to hear them! 

XOXO,


Samantha 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.