2.17.2017

Derma E product review

Hey guys!
Derma E was generous enough to send over two of their new purifying products for me to try out!
*Disclaimer: I was sent these products, but I am not getting paid anything for this review! This is my genuine opinion on the product!*



The first product I will be reviewing is the Purifying Daily Detox Scrub. The product costs $15.50 on www.dermae.com and comes with 4 oz of product. On the DermaE website, they say "Gentle enough for daily use, this detox scrub lifts away micropollutants and impurities while promoting oxygenation for a fresh, healthy radiance". I have been using this scrub in the shower every day. When I first received the product, my skin was in terrible condition. Using the scrub helped clear my pores and minimize my breakouts. I also enjoyed the small gentle granules in the product. I haven't noticed my skin being more radiant after using the product, but it does feel softer and smoother. Overall, I really enjoyed this product and will repurchase when I run out!

The second product is the DermaE 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask. This mask costs $19.50 on www.dermae.com and comes with 1.7 oz of product. DermaE claims that this mask is formulated to purge pores of deeply rooted toxins, then exfoliates away any micropollutants for glowing skin. I am not as in love with this product as I was with the daily scrub. I enjoy the mask but do not think it is the best purifying mask I have tried. Starting with the positives... I love the dual action formula of this mask. It is similar to the GlamGlow thirsty mud mask where when it dries, it turns into a lighter color. I love this because I always end up washing my masks off too early, which means I am not getting the full potential of each mask. I also love the way this mask washes off. I enjoy the extra bit of exfoliation when the mask comes off, and I enjoy how clean it is. The mask is very easy to take off, either with your hands or a washcloth and does not leave any residue on your skin. For me, at least, the downsides to this mask is the effectiveness of the product. I find it helps reduce any large breakouts and helps with any texture on the skin, but not with blackheads. I have a ton of blackheads on my nose, and I did not find this mask to help remove them. If you are looking for a gentle purifying mask, I think this would be a good option, but if you have very oily, acne-prone skin, I would opt for a harsher option.

I really loved the scrub, and will even repurchase when I run out, and I enjoyed the mask, even though I probably will try other ones before repurchasing this one.
Before I leave you, I want to tell you a little more about DermaE as a brand. They put a lot of emphasis on health, wellness, and environmental sustainability.  All their products are vegan, cruelty-free, they do not contain parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, gluten, or GMOs. DermaE ensures they are giving their customers the best quality ingredients they can!

If you have tried these products, or any other DermaE products, please leave your suggestions down below! I am very interested in trying out more of the line.

Thank you guys so much for reading!

XOXO,
Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.