2.05.2017

Beauty Claims Debunked

I love reading beauty blogs and magazines, but sometimes the things they claim don’t always make sense or sound true. Today I thought I would look into some of these beauty claims to see if there’s any truth behind them.


Can you really reuse fake eyelashes?
Well that depends if you take care of them. If you want to be able to reuse your fake lashes, I recommend buying full lashes. You can reuse individual lashes but it will be much easier with strips. When removing your fake lashes, be extremely careful not to rip them. Also make sure to remove all the remaining glue on the edge of the lashes before putting them away - usually this will be pretty easy but if the glue is being stubborn, use tweezers. Store your lashes in a cool place so they don’t warp. Finally, because lashes go so close to your eyes, the second they start to look gross (even if you’ve only worn them once), throw them out.


Can wearing nail polish really stain your nails?


Yes. Nails are porous so they will absorb what’s on them. If you tend to wear darker colors, your nails can start to absorb some of the pigments. Try giving your nails a break in between manicures. If you simply can’t go without nail polish, make sure to invest in a good, clear base coat. This will help prevent your nails from absorbing the nail polish.


Does toothpaste really help get rid of a pimple?


Technically, yes. The menthol in toothpaste can help dry out any pimples. However, this is not the best solution to pimples. The other ingredients in toothpaste can irritate your skin - the exact opposite of what you want to happen. I’m not going to lie, I’ve definitely been guilty of trying this method, but over the counter methods will work much better.


These are three claims I’ve seen in a few magazines and blogs lately. I had a ton of fun researching these and would love to do more! Let me know in the comments below if there’s anything you want me to look into - I’d be happy to write another post debunking some more myths!


XOXO,


Samantha

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.