1.17.2017

Thankful Jar

January 17th. 
And still posting new year posts. 
I know and I'm sorry, but I truly think this will be the last one! 
At the end of 2015, I saw the cutest idea, creating a second snapchat account and sending yourself snaps throughout the year. One would then open all the snaps at the end of the year and it would be the year as shown through snaps. I spent all of 2016 sending myself snaps only to find that snapchat had opened them all. I only saw 1 from late December. I was super upset, because I was really looking forward to seeing the year through snapchat. 

This year, I thought I would try something different. Instead of saving everything online, I would write one thing that happened every day and put it into a jar. The things could be something you're thankful for, something someone told you, something that occurred that day, or simply anything you want to remember. 

I loved this idea and decided to decorate a mason jar. 

Something you should know about me: I am super uncreative. I am the worst artist ever, and I can never think of cool looking things to do. For example, I wanted to decorate my room with christmas lights. I had seen a cute picture on Pinterest showing christmas lights wrapped around a cool chair, so I thought I would try it with the butterfly chair I have sitting in my room. My sister walks in and the first thing she says was "it looks like you were too cheap to buy a christmas tree". I wish I took a picture because she could not have described the chair more accurately. Regardless, I was not going for anything spectacular with this mason jar; just something that would be cool to sit on my desk. 


I covered the mason jar in silver tissue paper, and then colored the top gold and wrote "2017" in gold sharpie. I love the way it turned out because of its simplicity and colors. I know I could have had my sister decorate this jar, and it would have been 10481x cooler looking, but I felt this jar represented me and everything that happened throughout the year, so it should look like my crappy artwork! 

I think this is a great way to save memories from the year, and I am really looking forward to reading everything on December 31st! 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you Friday with another post! 

XOXO,
Jordan


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.