1.29.2017

Samantha's Extended About Me

This past weekend, Shadow and I finally updated our About Us Page. When we first started this blog, we tried to keep our real lives pretty lowkey, so we decided to go by Shadow and Gloss. We recently decided that we wanted to make this blog a little more personal, so I thought today I would expand my About Me section.


So, Jop (my nickname for Jordan aka Shadow) and I met when we were really little, and we’ve basically been inseparable ever since. We’ve always been creating - cookies, treehouses, dolls (don’t ask), jewelry, and finally this blog.


Starting Shadow and Gloss was kind of a no-brainer for us, we’ve been obsessed with beauty and fashion ever since I can remember. I first got into beauty and fashion when I started dance. I used to watch in awe as the older girls would apply their red lipstick and their false eyelashes. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked.


I love seeing the amazing transformations people undergo when they put on makeup. Not even the physical change, but the emotional and mental change. You can tell that people feel more comfortable and confident after doing makeup - and I love that! I’m a huge believer that everyone is beautiful, but if makeup is what it takes for someone to believe this and embrace their beauty, then pull out all the stops. Makeup has given me confidence, and I love sharing that with everyone.


I’ve always cared way too much about what other people think about me. So in a way, starting Shadow and Gloss was incredibly difficult - it was (and still is) insanely hard for me to put myself out there, because I was (and still am) constantly worried about being judged. Thankfully, the community we’ve built with Shadow and Gloss has been incredibly supportive - and that’s part of the reason why I love to blog. I’ve loved being able to grow and gain more confidence through this blog, and I truly truly truly hope from the bottom of my heart that I can help you all do the same.


This was a little cheesy, I know, but I hope it helped you guys get to know me a little better. I’ll definitely be doing more of these in the future, so let me know what you guys want to know about me!


XOXO,

Samantha

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.