1.27.2017

Minute to reflect


Today is January 23rd. When you guys read this, it will be January 27th. I am not writing this post to bring politics to this blog, but to remind all of you of the importance of standing up for what you believe in. Last weekend, the sister marches took place all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of people marched all over the world standing up for what they believed in. Living near New York City, almost everyone I know went to the city and protested in one way or another. Unfortunately, I was away this weekend, and could not make it to any of the marches in California on time. I relied on all of my friends and family to protest on my behalf.

I am a part of the Facebook group “Pantsuit Nation”, a group created so people can share their experiences and empower others. Saturday, I was looking through my Facebook feed, and a majority of the posts related to the marches all over the world in some way or another. Driving from Los Angeles to San Diego, I started crying. I saw all these stories of people from all over the world, different ages, genders, ethnicities, races, people from different cultures, backgrounds, religions coming together. There is so much good on this beautiful planet, let’s not let the bad ruin it all.

Diversity is a good thing. It lets us learn. It helps us grow. It educates us. Diversity does not split us a part, rather it brings us together. Why should we try to kill it?

Whether you live in America, or in Europe, or Asia, or any other place, please inspire others, lift them up, and empower them even if they look different or believe in different things than you do.

I don’t care if you are a Democrat, or a Republican, but you are a functioning member of an important society.

Remember that you won’t get anywhere by taking away the rights of others, you won’t have anything more if others have less, but letting others practice what they believe in will bring happiness to the world around you.  

Please, please, please be kind to one another, because you never know their struggle. 

I love you guys so much, and I'll see you on Tuesday with a happier, lighter post! 

XOXO,
Jordan



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.