1.20.2017

Early morning flights

                  As I am writing this, I am on the plane to Los Angeles. It is 10:13 am. I have been up since 4 and I am exhausted. My dad glanced over and asked me to write a blog post with my tips for waking up for an early morning flight so he has a reference for the future, so here I am:) Actually, I think this is a great idea for a post because last night I was thinking of everything I had to do which prevented me from getting a good night sleep.
                  Last night I went to bed at 12:30, which is crazy late given I had to wake up at 4 (that’s 3.5 hours if you’re too lazy to do the math!) and I forgot a number of things that I wouldn’t have if it was a normal hour!
                  So here are my top tips for early morning flights!
1.     Go to bed early- Don’t pull a shadow and get 3.5 hours of sleep the night before. Travel days are always long and tiring so it is helpful to get a good night sleep the night before.
2.     Set two alarms- I always end up tossing and turning at night worrying that my alarm won’t go off. The solution: 2 alarms! The chances of them both failing are very low and if they do it’s a sign you shouldn’t go haha.
3.     Make a list (on paper) of everything you need to pack in the morning- I find it so much easier to
4.     Have your clothes picked the night before- duh.
5.     DO NOT plan on showering in the morning- I made this mistake. And I just didn’t end up showering because who really wants to use the time you could be sleeping to shower. On the other hand, if you can jump in the shower for 2 minutes to wake yourself up that is very helpful.
6.     Have at least 1 glass of water as soon as you wake up- this should be a daily occurrence, but on extremely early morning this is very helpful. Drinking water as soon as you wake up is proved to help with electrolytes in your brain which helps you think properly.
7.     Keep all your important papers in one place- passport, boarding passes, and ID are all super important. It is always a good idea to make sure all these papers are in one convenient location before you travel, but it is especially smart if you will be getting up early to catch a flight.
8.     Get your coffee on the road- I love coffee as much as the next person, but on morning I need to get up to go to the airport, I find it faster to buy coffee once I am checked in. It saves time in the morning and uses time you would be otherwise sitting around. If this is not a possibility for you, I would recommend brewing some coffee the night before and letting it chill so you can grab a cup of iced coffee in the morning. The iced coffee will save the brewing time, and is typically easier for it to drink quickly!
Those were my 8 suggestion for speeding up your mornings when you have to get up and run to the airport. Although I hate waking up early, I find that flying in the morning is great, especially if you end up having a full day at your destination! I took a 7 am flight from NY to California. We landed at 10:30 and had a full day in Los Angeles!

As always, I hope you found this blog post informative. If you have any tips, please leave them below so I can try them out!

Thank you so much for reading and safe travels:)
XOXO,

Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.