1.03.2017

2016 Makeup Favorites

Hey guys,
Sorry it's been so long. I know for the past few months I haven't been posting too often. I have made it one of my new year resolutions to work on that and get back on schedule.
Since it's my first post in January, I thought I would share with you some of my favorites from the year. In 2016, I have found many products that I love and use on a daily basis. Of course, since I have tried so many products this year, and I can't list them all, I'll include links to my monthly favorites at the end of this post.
Thank you guys for everything in 2016 and for staying with us! Let's make 2017 the best one yet.

Since I have so many products to talk about, I thought I would share my makeup favorites today and my skincare, body care, and other favorites in Friday's post.

2 primers I have LOVED this year are the NYX First base primer spray and the MUFE step one equalizer smoothing primer. The NYX primer is really refreshing and hydrating while the MUFE primer is a pore filling primer that does an amazing job smoothing the skin. Both primers work beautifully alone, but when combined, they are a power duo and do an amazing job prolonging makeup!

My favorite foundation of the year has to be the L'oreal dream lumi cushion foundation. I love the finish this gives my skin while having great lasting power. I never find it looks or feels too heavy. I have used this when my skin was a little more oily, and when it was on the drier side, and have never had an issue with it! Another bonus is that it is found at the drugstore, so the foundation is on the more affordable side!

My favorite concealer of the year is the Makeup Forever Ultra HD concealer. I love the coverage and lasting power of this concealer. It blends beautifully and does not crease at all!

To set my concealer, the RCMA No Color Powder was a great find. After Kathleen Lights talked about this powder, everyone fell in love. It is super smooth and finely milled, and sets makeup beautifully. Also, it comes in a huge container and only costs $10! Yay for affordable options.

My favorite all over face powder is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I have gone through numerous compacts of this because it does such a great job at mattifying your face, and it is so affordable.

A highend favorite of the year is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This bronzer is a cult favorite and this year I finally jumped on the bandwagon. I love this because it is incredible for contouring and bronzing. Its an all in one product! Even though this is a more pricey bronzer, it lasts forever and I wouldn't mind paying the higher price tag because the product is so great.

This past year, I loved the no blush look with lots of highlighter. A liquid highlighter I fell in love with is the Becca shimmering skin perfecto in pearl. This product looks beautiful on everyone. I love wearing it underneath my foundation or when I'm not wearing makeup at all.

For powder highlighter, I loved the Hourglass Ambient Strobe lighting powder in incandescent light. This powder looks seamless on the skin and can be used with any base.

For eyeshadow, the Makeup Forever Artist Shadows were my favorite. I haven't found a single shadow I didn't love. The formula is consistently beautiful and smooth. In addition, I find these shadows to last a long time (even without primer).

My favorite mascara of the year is the MakeUp ForEver Excessive Lash Arresting Volume Mascara. I tried this mascara in the lash stash to go sephora favorites kit and immediately fell in love. The mascara separates, and lengthens your lashes beautifully. The formula is not too wet or too dry and it get clumpy. It never flakes or transfers! I am really glad I found this mascara this year!

The Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner was my favorite liner of the year. I love the formula of these pencils because they are creamy and pigmented. Although they are creamy, once the liner sets, it stays put and doesn't move. My favorite is the brown kohl because it is the perfect neutral, mid-toned brown.

My last favorite is my favorite lip product of the year. I really love the Buxom full on lip cream in Rose Julep. The formula of these lip glosses are the best and I really enjoy this MLBB color. I would recommend any of the Buxom glosses.

Those were all my makeup favorites from the year! All these products are items I would go out and repurchase if they were stolen. As mentioned earlier... here are some of my monthly favorites posts from throughout the year.
August Favorites
July Favorites
June Favorites
May Favorites

Again thank you guys so much for hanging in there and I can't wait to see what this year brings!

As always, I love trying out new products, so leave your suggestions below and I'll try them out!

XOXO,
Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.