11.11.2016

How to fall asleep faster

Hey guys!
You know those memes where you're tired at 7 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 8 pm, but then the minute you can go to bed you're just full of energy? We've all been there and it sucks.
Over the years, I have found many different ways that help me fall asleep. I thought it would be important to share so you guys can sleep better too!

The first thing I do is think, or write, one thing I am thankful for. I do this every night and I find that it helps me calm down and relax before bed.

The next thing I do is a sudoku puzzle. I do one every single night. I absolutely love sudoku because it works your brain and calms me down. I also find that doing a puzzle takes time. This is especially good for your brain and eyes because you're not supposed to use electronics for the hour before you go to bed. As a student who does all her work on the computer, this is absolutely impossible. Doing a puzzle before going to bed extends the no-electronic period.

Another thing I do is sleep with my phone in a different room. This has helped me so much in so many different ways. I go to sleep faster, and I wake up and get ready faster. After getting ready in the morning, I allow myself time to catch up on everything I missed. When I sleep with my phone next to me, the first thing I do in the morning is look at all the notifications which really slows me down. Okay, moving on.

Before turning off my lights, I will apply some eucalyptus oil to my neck and behind my ears. For me, the scent calms and centers me. I would recommend finding an essential oil that works for you because everyone is different!

The last thing I do is take 10-15 deep breaths before finally shutting my eyes. For the counts, I follow the 4-7-8 rule. 4 counts in, 7 hold, 8 out. This will physically calm your heart rate so you are able to focus on falling asleep and clearing your mind. If you do these, I can GUARANTEE you will fall asleep quicker.

I really hope some of these tips were helpful!
If you have any tips on falling asleep faster, please let us know in the comments below! It would help all of us:)

Thank you so much for reading, and as always have a great day/night!
XOXO,
Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.