4.16.2018

4 Things To Do To De-stress

Stress and anxiety are two things I struggle a lot with. I know a few months ago I posted a few ways to help de-stress, but today I wanted to come back to this topic. Today's post, though, is more focused on things you can actually do, like right exactly now, to help you de-stress.


  • Do A (Simple) Chore - I find doing easy chores incredibly relaxing. Not only does it give you a set thing to think about, you'll also wind up feeling like you're accomplished something! Make your bed, throw in a load of laundry, or wash the dishes in the sink. These chores take no time but will make a world of difference.
  • Do A Crossword - Lots of my friends and family do crossword puzzles religiously, so I recently started giving them a try. I'm not very good yet, but I do find them extremely relaxing. It ends up being a chance to just unplug and take your mind off all the craziness of life. If you're looking for some good ones, I recommend these, some are a challenge but not impossible. 
  • Color - Adult coloring books are an actual thing and I am extremely happy about this. And by adult coloring books, I mean more intricate designs not coloring books with ya know.... Ok I think you get what I mean so I'm going to stop talking. Anyways, I love just getting to sit, zone out, and color; it's so fun! 
  • Make A List - I am obsessed with list making; it's pretty much how I start and end every single day. My mom always says make a list of everything you need to do when you're feeling overwhelmed. This is a great way to stay grounded, but if you're not into that, try making any list, a bucket list, wishlist, to-watch/read list, etc. 

Ok, so here are 4 simple things you can do whenever you're feeling stressed. Let me know any other ideas you have down below, I'm sure we'd all love to hear them! 

XOXO, 

Samantha 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.