2.28.2017

Products I regret purchasing

Because of this blog, and my love for beauty products, I am constantly testing out makeup products. I love to focus on the products I loved, or those that have changed my life, but sometimes I feel it is important to share the products that didn’t work for me. Before I get started, I just wanted to say that just because these products did not work for me, it doesn’t mean they can’t work for you! Everyone has a different skin type and cosmetic preferences so no hate if some of these are your holy grail!

I have 2 skincare products that just did not work for me. The Up&Up deep cleaning pore strips did nothing for my black heads. I decided to test these out because they are cheaper than the Biore pore strips and were on sale. I found the strips to be ineffective, and therefore I wasted more money than I would have if I just bought the Biore strips! In general, I like pore strips, I would just skip on these. 

The next product that did not work for me was the Yes to Grapefruit peel ______. To use, you spread a thin layer on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash it off. It is supposed to be a peel, which would exfoliate your skin. I did not notice any exfoliation effect or brightening, and I find it stung when I put it on. Because of these two things, this product was a fail for me:(  

Everything else I have is makeup related. The Rimmel Natural Waterproof Bronzer in Sun Light is a really pretty, semi-matte drugstore bronzer. I loved the way it applied and blended, but, unfortunately, it broke me out! I got under the skin bumps in all the places I apply bronzer. Because of this, I had to stop using the product. If this bronzer works with your skin, I would highly recommend because it is a really god formula!

The NYX Above&Beyond Full Cover Concealer in Fair did not work for me because I found it has no coverage. I was hoping for a full coverage concealer, but this did nothing for concealing both my under eyes and face. In addition, I found it was too thick and not creamy enough. I was especially let down because NYX is one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands.

ELF Contouring Blush&Bronzer duo in St. Lucia is a half fail. The bronzer is beautiful. Both the color and the formula is nice and blendable, so I have no complaints there. Unfortunately, the blush is the dud. It is very chalks, glittery, and does not blend. Since this duo is only $3, you can totally buy it only for the bronzer.

The Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks are very hyped on the internet, but I disliked them. I have the shade Lolita, which is everyone’s favorite. The reason I hated this product is because it is super drying and emphasizes EVERY SINGLE LINE ON YOUR LIPS. I looked 30 years older than I am because of this product and therefore will never wear it again. If you have perfectly smooth lips this product may work for you, but if you have any lines in your lips I would stay clear/

Similar to the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks, the Gerard Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Serenity was also very drying. It emphazied all of my lip lines and was also very drying. The color itself is very pretty, so, again, if you don’t mind a drying liquid lipstick, this may be a good one to try.

The Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Dolci is a BEAUTIFUL metallic lip gloss. I was extremely sad that this did not work out for me. To start, it has a disgusting smell which never goes away. Hours after I have applied the gloss, I notice I can still smell the very sweet mix of sugar and chemicals. The color is also very streaky. This is extra disappointing because the product itself feels incredible on the lips, it just looks, and smells terrible. This is the only Milani Brilliant Shine Gloss I have, so I cannot speak for all of them.

The last product I will be sharing is the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara. The wand is hourglassed shaped, which only works if you have very large eyes. The formula is also extremely wet. The combination of the two makes a mess every time I applied it. The mascara is so expensive, and I find that I enjoy drugstore mascaras way more For that reason, I would skip on this!

Those were all of the products I regret purchasing. If any of these products have worked for you, let me know and maybe I’ll give the product another shot!

Thank you so much for reading and have a great rest of your day/night!

XOXO,
Jordan

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.