12.07.2016

DIY Gift Baskets

I love giving gift baskets. I love coming up with the theme, picking out items, and putting it all together into the final basket. I’m not going to lie though, sometimes I get a little stuck on themes or what to actually put in the basket. I like to be original but also give something that will actually be used. Today I have some of my go-to ideas for gift baskets to give. These are the perfect gifts for anyone on your holiday gift list this year.

  • Art Basket - An art basket is definitely one of my go to ideas for younger kids (or anyone who really likes to make stuff lol). I like to find a sectioned off caddy, if I can’t find one with sections already I make them using foam board. I usually add a set of paint, a set of paint brushes, some pompoms, some pipecleaners, and a box of crayons or markers. I usually open everything and set it all up so it looks all cute. Finally, I add a few fun size candy bars with a note that says ‘For snack breaks’.
  • Ice Cream Basket - In my mind, if they don’t like ice cream, they don’t deserve any gift at all. But that’s just me. Some people may argue that ice cream in the Winter is a bad idea for a gift, but they're wrong. Ice cream is never a bad gift. In a large basket, I start by putting in cute bowls (1-5 depending on the family or person). I then add two mason jars. In one, I put homemade chocolate sauce and in the other, I put homemade caramel sauce (but don’t worry, adding in a bottle of store bought caramel or chocolate works just as well). Then, in either mini mason jars or other cute containers, I add m&ms, chocolate chips, marshmallows, crushed oreos, gummy candy, and sprinkles. I then attach a tag that says ‘Just add ice cream’.
  • Cookie Basket - Who doesn’t love cookies? I start by mixing all the dry ingredients to my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I then make a cute note that says what wet ingredients to add and how to bake the cookies. I also add in some cute cookie cutters that I match with the theme/holiday. I also add in a few colors of cookie icing. Finally, I add in some sprinkles and other hard candy decorations.
  • Pasta Basket - For this basket, I like to use a large colander as the actual basket. I then add in a box of pasta, I usually use spaghetti but if I’m at the store and find something cute I’ll go for that. I then add in a jar of pasta sauce, a block of parmigiano-reggiano cheese, a nice bottle of olive oil, and a cheese grater.
  • Movie Night Basket - A movie night basket is a great gift for one of your close friends - partly because it’s super cute and partly so you can snag an invite to the movie night. lol. In a basket, I add a cute movie, a box of popcorn, and a few boxes of movie theater candy (I like to get this at target because it comes in actual boxes). If it’s someone I’m very close with and want to spend a little more money on, I’ll add a cute pair of pajamas.
  • Pizza Basket - I start by adding a pizza crust, I almost always get a store bought one because it’s a lot easier to work with and doesn’t require a lot of work for the recipient. I then add in a jar of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pizza seasoning. I also add in a pizza cutter and a nice bottle of olive oil.

These are my favorite gift basket ideas for any occasion. They’re so much fun to make, and I love seeing the look on the recipient's face when you tell them the basket was homemade. Share any other gift basket ideas down below, I’d love to try them out!

XOXO,



Gloss

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.