11.16.2016

Daily Gratitude

If you follow this blog, you may have seen Shadow’s post about How To Fall Asleep Faster. Her first tip was to think or write something you’re thankful for every night. When I saw that she wrote that I was like OMG I DO THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. And guess what? I think it works.

But even more than just helping you fall asleep, it’s a great way to keep in touch with yourself and your life. If I spend even just 2 minutes at night thinking through my day and thinking through all the amazing things that happened (no matter how small), I am reminded of how lucky I am, even when it doesn’t feel like it. If I’ve had a shitty and terrible day, saying my daily gratitude helps me recognize at least one good thing that happened. They can be silly and specific: “I’m really thankful for that cookie I had a lunch, it was delicious”. Or if I can’t think of anything specific, my daily gratitude can be more general “I’m thankful for my body for carrying me through my day”. Saying at least one thing I’m grateful for helps put my life into perspective; we are extremely lucky, and I don’t think we say it enough.

I once had a dance teacher who said “start and end your day with gratitude”. This is definitely one of the best pieces of advice I’ve even gotten. It inspired me to start saying my daily gratitudes and it reminds me to live mindfully and graciously. I want to pass this advice onto you guys. Saying a daily gratitude makes you more self aware, happier, and helps you recognize how amazing life is.

I was thinking about doing this post for a few reasons. a) Because Shadow mentioned something similar in one of her posts and b) Because Thanksgiving is next week. With a holiday all about being thankful coming up, what better time to post this? Saying a daily gratitude is the perfect way to stay in touch with what you’re thankful for all year round, not just on one holiday.

I’ve talked a lot in this post but I don’t think I’ve said what today’s daily gratitude is: You guys. I’m so grateful that I get to work on this blog everyday and interact with all of you. Thank you so much! Sorry if this post was really cheesy, but I think saying a daily gratitude is something everyone can benefit from and it’s a great way to kick off Thanksgiving! Comment below what your thoughts on daily gratitudes are and what you’re thankful for, I’d love to share the thankfulness.


XOXO,



Gloss

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.