1.10.2017

2016 Skincare favorites

The only think I love more than makeup is skincare. This may come as a surprise, especially because I typically post more makeup reviews. I love skincare because I feel so happy when I have clear, luminous looking skin. I feel more confident and more myself when I am happy with the condition of my skin. This past year, I spent a good amount of time and money investing in skincare and finding what works for me. Since I tried so many products, I thought I would share my favorites with you today!
I apologize that most of these products are high-end. I have found that I typically have better luck with high-end skincare so I save my money and invest in these products.

My favorite cleansers of the year are...
-Murad Clarifying cleanser- This is incredible if you have acne. I love using it at night because I love the cooling sensation. I find that this cleanser works well when all your makeup has been removed.
-Biore Baking Soda Face Cleanser- This product has to be one of my favorite products of the year. I love how it makes my skin feel-- slightly exfoliated and super smooth. I find that if you have any under-the-skin spots, this is the cleanser for you! Even after one use, I see a noticeable difference in the quality of my skin. Consistent use makes my skin smoother, and clearer than it has ever been!

After cleansing, I tone my skin. My favorite toner of the year was the Mario Badescu Rose Spray. Although technically not a toner, I love how refreshing, and hydrating, this feels on my skin especially after the Murad cleaner, which tends to be on the harsher side.

After toning, I apply my serum. This year, I found the Elf Hydrating Serum. Not only is this a drugstore product, its ELF, which, if you didn't know, if even more affordable. The serum itself is very hydrating and soft on the skin. It applies beautifully under moisturizer and makeup. Especially since it is only $10, I recommend you all try it out!

After toning, I always apply my eye cream. This year I discovered the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. This eye cream is incredible. Not only is it hydrating and brightening, but it helps conceal dark circles with a small salmon tint.

The Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a great lightweight moisturizer. I love using this in the mornings, especially during summer when my skin is on the more oily side. The moisturizer sits beautifully under makeup and doesn't make my skin look extra greasy.

I have 3 beauty oils to share. 2016 was the year of the beauty oils. I absolutely love all three of these and will repurchase when I run out.
-Boscia Tsubaki Oil is the best beauty oil I have ever tried. It is on the thicker side, but doesn't make your skin feel sticky at all. I can use this day, if I'm not planning on wearing makeup, or night. The oil really hydrates your skin, making it beautiful and glowy.
-Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Skin Refining Oil is another oil I love. This oil is much lighter than the Boscia one. If you struggle with acne, I would highly recommend this as a night-time moisturizer. It is hydrating enough to the point where you can apply it on top of more dying acne treatments to counteract dryness.
-Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil is another incredible beauty oil I fell in love with. This is the only beauty oil that I will use all over my body. I love using this as a cuticle oil before bed, as well as smoothing some on my hair as a hair mask!

My lip favorites from the year are...
-Sarah Happ lip scrub is really incredible. Not only does it exfoliate, it also leaves a sheer layer of moisture on your lips after being wiped away. I have had a single jar of this for a year, so, in my opinion, it was worth the month!
-Aquaphor healing ointment is hands down the best lip balm out there. I have tried everything from $30 lip balms to the original chapstick and this is my favorite. I find it works wonders, is easily accessible, and inexpensive.

The last 5 products are more miscellaneous products...
-Biore pore strips are really really effective at removing black heads. I find them to be extremely satisfying.
-Boscia Tsubaki Oil Deep Hydration Hydrogel Mask us a sheet mask that I fell in love with. I never believed in sheet masks until this year but I really enjoy them now. Yes, this mask is more pricey but I really love this for that monthly pamper night.
-Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment is another mask I can't live without. When I use this consistently, I find my skin looks incredible! I love the brightening effects as well as the exfoliation.
-Farmacy Honey Potion Mask is a mask I have been ride or die for since August when Farmacy was generous enough to send me a sample. I use this about 3 times a week and still haven't run out. The mask does wonders when it comes to hydrating, luminizing, and minimizing breakouts. I would highly recommend trying this out.
-Origins Drink Up Overnight Intensive Face Mask is the last face mask I have to share with you. I have nothing to say other than this is the best hydrating mask I have ever tried. I love the glamglow thirsty mud mask, but this is even better because of the lower price tag. In addition, this mask is colorless, which makes it perfect for use on flights.

I love every single one of these products, and would highly recommend all of them.

As usual, please leave your recommendations below because I am ALWAYS looking to try new skincare!

Thank you guys so much for reading and ill see you on friday!

XOXO,
Shadow





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.