11.24.2016

Sephora Favorites Lash stash to go review

Hey guys!
As the holiday season approaches, I see more and more Sephora holiday sets. One that really caught my eye this year is their lash stash to go kit. The kit retails for $28 and has 5 sample size mascaras. The catch with this, is that once you figure out your favorite of the 5 mascaras, you can redeem the voucher for a full size! As someone who is extremely hesitant to purchase full sized, highend mascaras, I really like this kit because you get to try out 5 mascaras before choosing your favorite.

The kit includes the
-Makeup forever Excessive Lash Mascara
-Blinc Amplified Mascara
-Marc Jacobs velvet noir major volume mascara
-Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara
-Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara

The MUFE mascara claims to be an ultra black, long lasting mascara with excessive volume. I really really love this mascara. I find that it does an amazing job of lengthening and volumizing my lashes without making them clumpy. It also lasts a good amount of time on me. I hate when mascaras flake or smudge under my eyes. I don't find that to be an issue with this mascara.

The Blinc mascara is an innovative, water-resistant mascara with tube-technology for maximum hold. I absolutely love this mascara. This has been a favorite of mine for a few months now, so when I saw I would get another sample in this set, I was very happy. Unlike any other mascara in this kit, this washes off the easiest because it comes off in tubes. It is super hard to describe, but it is a really good feeling!

The Marc Jacobs mascara isn't one of my favorites. I love the hourglass shaped wand, but I find the formula is too wet for my liking. I think this more I use the product, the better the mascara will perform. I tend to find that, especially with sample sizes, the wand picks up more product, so when there is less product on the brush it is easier to work with.

The Tarte mascara has been a long time favorite. I haven't purchased one in a while, but last year this was my holy grail. Like the MUFE mascara, I find it doesn't smudge or flake at all! It is drier than the Marc Jacobs mascara, but not a dry formula. The product has a traditional wand.

The last mascara is the Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara. I like this mascara, but it doesn't do more than the average mascara for me. It claims to create fanned out, high volume lashes, but I have found better mascaras from the drugstore. It is not a bad product, but I won't be getting a full size.

Overall, I'm very happy with my new finds. This set has introduced me to another incredible mascara, and I have received samples of 2 of my old favorites. I would recommend you trying this set before purchasing a high end mascara!

Let me know what you think of any of the mascaras mentioned above, or what your favorite mascara is because I am always in the market for something new:)

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

XOXO,
Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.