10.25.2016

Everyday nighttime routine

Hey guys!
As the weather changes, I notice my skin gets super dry. Every fall, I start making myself stick to a nighttime routine so I don’t forget, or get lazy, and skip out of some essential steps!

I always start by moisturizing right after I get out of the shower. For my body moisturizer, I love the Cetaphil one because it is inexpensive and very effective. I find that when I use this constantly, my skin feels a lot softer and way more hydrated.

When I get into bed, the first thing I do is apply some foot cream. I have been obsessed with this body butter from Sabon because it is incredibly moisturizing. I love the Lemon Mint scent because I am obsessed with lemon anything. If this isn’t your type of scent, they have many others too! The body butter is currently on sale for $16, which I think is a great value for the amount of product you get. http://www.sabonnyc.com/product/body/body-butter/body-butter-858.html After applying the body butter to my feet, I always put socks on so the product does not get all over my sheets. Although I know many people hate sleeping with socks, I actually prefer it so that is not an issue for me!

The next thing I will always do is apply some menthol oil to my neck. I do this because it helps me calm down and sleep better!

After, I apply my cuticle cream. During the winter, my cuticles get so dry that if I don’t treat them, it will get out of control. So for the past few years, my go to cuticle cream is the Dior Crème Apricot Fortifying cream for nails. It smells so good and really hydrates. The one thing that I would say is that sometimes it makes my hands feel a little sticky. I will always add a hand cream and I will also only apply the cuticle cream before going to bed so it does not bother me. http://www.sephora.com/creme-abricot-fortifying-cream-for-nails-P242800?skuId=1184928&icid2=products%20grid:p242800

The hand cream I have been loving is the Kiehl’s ultimate strength hand salve. This is hands down the best hand cream I have ever tried. It is so moisturizing but not sticky at all. I find I can use this both day and night without any issues.

After applying the hand cream, I am done! I know it may seem like a lot, but I find that when I follow these steps, my body, feet, nails, and hands feel much better!

Thank you so much for reading!

Have a great day/night

XOXO,

Shadow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Shadow and Gloss. Design by Fearne.